Sunday 1 March 2015

My favourite cream eyeshadows


Cream eyeshadows are perfect if you're new to wearing eyeshadow and not yet confident to tackle the powder ones, or if you just want a simple eye make up routine that takes minutes.
 
Cream eyeshadows are super easy to apply - all you need is either your finger or a flat brush such as the MAC 239 and a small fluffy brush, again MAC do a great one such as the 217.

 
There is a whole range of different cream eyeshadows on the market from pencils to sticks and pots. Here are a few of the shades and brands I've been reaching for over the past few weeks.

MAC Paint pots in Groundwork and Quite Natural. These are probably the ones I would use if I knew I'd be having a long day and needed my make up to last. They look as if I've made and effort without looking over the top. Also a  favourite of Emma Willis! As you can see both are a matte brow colour with Quite Natural being the darkest. These can take you from day to night easily without any greasy feeling or creasing.

 
By Terry Ombre Black Star in Misty Rock has been an eyeshadow stick that I have been ooh-ing over since last summer and I finally bought it a couple of weeks ago at Space NK.  Although they are quite a bit more expensive than high street brands, they do last all day; their only down side compared to the MAC paint pots is that they can feel a little sticky on the eye lid. Misty Rock is a beautiful purply colour with shimmer, I love wearing this all around my eye and blend it out with a fluffy brush for a soft look.

 
 
Rimmel Scandal Eyes in Bad Girl Bronze and Barry M's super soft eye crayon in No.2 are both very similar in colour, longevity and price. The bronzey colour of these look amazing on green and blue eyes. They don't last as long as the Paint pots or Ombre Black star, but for the price you can't really compare. Perfect if you don' mind topping up during the day.

 
Maybelline colour Tattoos were one of the first high street cream eyeshadow that I bought a few years ago, and I've probably at least 5 in my stash. These last amazingly well and claim to have a 24 hour wear, although I wouldn't recommend having your make-up on that long! The two shades which I've been using more of recently are Pink Gold and On and on Bronze. You can use these as a base to your powder eyeshadow or just on their own they look gorgeous.
 
 
Bourjois have come out with a new range of cream eyeshadows that I'll no doubt try and get my hands on over the next few weeks.
 
Do you have any cream eyeshadow recommendations?
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment