Sunday 17 May 2015

Revlon's New Ultra HD Lipstick Review

 
My recent lip love has all been about balmy sheer formulas and, with the release of Revlon's new Ultra HD lipsticks, I found myself taking a purposeful wonder into Boots to grab a few shades. Even better - there was a 3 for 2 offer which meant I could be a little more daring with my third colour choice.




 The shades that I bought were Rose, Poppy and Hydrangea. So far I have found Rose to be my favourite of the three as it's a "your lips, but better" shade which goes with any outfit and nail colour, with the other two being a little bolder.




So let's start with the pluses of the lipstick.

The texture is gorgeous and glides on creamy and smooth, leaving my lips initially feeling hydrated and soft. The colour pay off is fantastic and, with it being buildable, it means you can have it as intense or as sheer as you like. I also find the colour lasts pretty well which means I only need to top up around three times a day.

As I mentioned before, when you initially put the lipstick on it feels moisturising and smooth on your lips; however, after an hour or so (although the colour is still there) they start to feel a little dry and slightly bity. I'm not sure if this was my lips or something in the formula that rolled on my lips. Either way I found myself reaching for the lip balm more than I usually would with a balmy product. Nothing terrible but not as moisturising as Revlon's lip butters. It also has quite a strong sweet smell - something that wouldn't appeal to everyone.

However, my biggest bug is the packaging. I think the see-through plastic cap with the silver packaging looks really sleek but the lipstick doesn't completely wind down, which means whenever you put the cap back on you're at risk of catching the top of the bullet.

All in all I do like the lipsticks... but not love them. I probably won't be buying any more out of the 14 shades any time soon as I'd readily reach for Revlon's Lip butters over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment