Thursday 13 February 2014

Nail painting just got easier!

The Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat has got to be the best top coat I have ever used!


It’s glossy, thick and gives your nails a silky, salon manicure finish. I’ve been searching for a fast drying top coat for a while, and when a review by Lily Pebbles popped up on my Twitter feed I wondered could this be the answer to my nail painting woes!

To be honest, I’ve tried so many other brands only to be disappointed, so I wasn’t feeling too hopeful. However, this turned out to be completely different to any other I’ve purchased.

Pros: it’s relatively cheap, think I paid about £6 for a 14ml sized bottle online but I’m sure it’s £9 at Boots; it dries amazingly fast and doesn’t smudge your nail varnish when applied over wet nail varnish; it leaves your nails super smooth, almost like a gel manicure.

Cons: It has a really strong chemical smell, which I don’t mind too much - just don’t get your nose too close to the vapours! If you don’t seal the tips with the top coat I find they chip much quicker. Also, if you apply a coat too thick it will lift and also peel your nail varnish off.

I must say the pluses do outweigh the negatives. So, if like me you’ve been searching for a quick and fuss free way to dry your nail varnish, this is it.

I apply a base coat, the nail colour that I’m using, wait for that to begin drying for a couple of minutes and then apply the Seche Vite to finish. It’s touch dry in about 5 minutes and completely in about 10. I find that I paint my nails far more often now as it’s taken the hassle and time out of it.


Some people have complained that their nail varnish only lasts for 5 days before chipping with this top coat, but my nails are fairly weak and peel anyway so nothing lasts more than a couple of days on mine before chipping, even when it’s done by a professional. So if you’re feeling the pinch and want to save a few pennies by not booking your next manicure appointment quite so soon, buy this little bottle of magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment