Friday 6 February 2015

Hello Highlighter


We all need a little pick me up for our skin at times but especially during the winter months and sometimes blusher on its own doesn't do the job. This is where the gorgeousness of highlighter steps in! Here are my favourite ones at the mo from cream to powder that have now become part of my everyday make up routine. This picture is my current inspiration and went straight on my Pinterest board!
                                         

MAC's cream colour base in Hush is a brilliant all rounder highlighter and looks amazing for day time or an evening look. Cream highlighters are so easy to use and perfect if you're a newbie to the highlighter world as you can't really go wrong. Just build the colour up slowly adding a little bit more product at a time. I find I have more control when using a cream than a powder and normally apply with my fingers in a patting motion across the tops of my cheeks. The colour base in the shade hush is slightly pinky in colour so looks really fresh and pretty. Perfect for a spring look!


The Balm is a relatively new brand which I recently discovered whilst on the hunt for a bit more of a hardcore, full on highlighter - and after being super impressed with their Mary Lou Manizer highlighter I'll be having another peek on their website to see what other products they have. You have to be super careful when applying this though; tap off any excess powder first from your brush before applying as it's heavily pigmented. This is a beautiful champagney, golden highlighter and looks stunning on any skin tone - especially on tanned skin, as the golden colour really pops! So a little bit on the top of your cheek bones, inner corner of your eyes and on your cupids bow for an instant brightening effect.
  
                                            

I love MAC's strobe cream and this is a pretty good alternative by Revlon. It comes in four shades from pinky to bronzey. The PhotoReady Skinlights can be worn alone, over foundation, or mix with your foundation for a really radiant look (if mixing with foundation I'd recommend the Bare Light shade). Personally I would apply in a very similar way to the MAC cream colour base, a couple of drops on the back of your hand a pat it over the top of your cheeks for an instant pick me up.

                                      


So, with a couple of pats and swipes of these products, you'll be ready for the new season!







No comments:

Post a Comment