Sunday 2 February 2014

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush Review

What on earth did I use to apply my foundation before the Make up Artist Sam Chapman (one half of the Pixiwoo sisters) came out with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush!? I honestly can’t remember. All of my friends have received this as either a Christmas or Birthday gift over the last year, which itself will tell you how much I am in love with it.


This brush is what I use to apply my liquid foundation and also what I use in my professional kit. I am never disappointed by the finish it gives which is, in one word, flawless. You can buff right into the little awkward places, such as around your nose, and it makes blending around the jaw line easy giving you a very professional, polished, streak free look to your base.

The Expert Face Brush has synthetic soft and dense bristles that don’t feel scratchy at all. Another bonus with synthetic brushes is that the bristles are easy to clean (I use diluted Fairy or any washing up detergent, Real Techniques HQ may tell me otherwise), and it dries within a couple of hours. Best of all it’s only £10! Or even cheaper on some online retailers - fantastic value for money compared to higher end brand brushes.


I’ve bought cheaper brushes in the past and they’ve usually ended up being coarse bristles which shed a lot (then having to spend a large amount of time trying to flick the bristles off my face…quite annoying!). This brush doesn’t and neither do any of the other brushes in the Real Techniques range.

I cannot sing its praises enough so all I can say is GO GET IT!

Check out Pixiwoos make up channel on Youtube where you’ll find lots of useful make up tutorials that will give you plenty of tips and may inspire you to do different looks (see the Expert Face brush in full swing!). Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/pixiwoo 

No comments:

Post a Comment