Tuesday 4 March 2014

An affordable Spring Make up look

Spring is right around the corner, so what better way to welcome the new season than a spring clean of your everyday make up look.

Here are a few high street make up brands that I have been discovering and rediscovering over the last month.

Starting with an oldie but a goodie, the Rimmel Wake Me up foundation (I’m currently wearing the shade ivory). Having a flawless looking base will make the rest of your make up look beautiful and healthy. Apply with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for an even, buffed finish.

Next up is concealer - a must in my opinion. Disguise under eye circles with a light reflecting one. By coincidence, once again Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer is in there, followed by Collection’s Lasting perfection for any redness or blemishes not already covered by the foundation.

At this point I like to powder down the T zone and set my under eye concealer with, another Rimmel product, the Stay matte powder in transparent. I find this never cakes on me, and I generally don’t have to reapply during the day (bearing in mind I don’t have particularly oily skin). I would suggest the oil free products in Rimmel’s range as alternatives if you have oily skin.

My favourite part is blush! This instantly gives an awake look to any complexion. Recently I’ve really got into NYX products since finding them randomly at Next! Rose Garden is one of my favourite shades. Just the right amount of pink to give your skin a young, fresh pop of colour.

To finish off the skin, sweep over some Bourjois bronzer where the sun would naturally hit. Top of the forehead, temples, down the nose, top of the cheeks and chin. Do not go crazy with it - remember this is a spring look, not a two weeks in Barbados look! Delice de Soleil is one I have used throughout winter and will be continuing to use throughout summer, that’s how much I love it.

If you’re in a huge hurry, patting on some Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr in the shade ‘On and on Bronze’ is a great way to add a bit of shimmer that will last all day without going the whole hog with powder eyeshadow. Follow with a slick of your favourite mascara.

The final touch is some lipgloss. NYX’s Megashine lipgloss in the shade ‘la la la’ is a really pretty pink but not too overpowering or bright.

There you go - an affordable, fuss free everyday spring make up look.

*If you have an extra bit of time why not try a coat of Barry M’s Gelly nail varnish in Prickley pear, a beautiful pale lilac, followed by Seche Vite quick drying top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment